If you are a resident in a building managed by us, we may need to share your personal information with the property owner, but will only do this once we have considered if this is necessary first. Where we operate CCTV at a property under our management, we may capture your image which constitutes your personal data. Answers to a few common questions are below.

Do you have security and contingency measures in place to protect data?

Yes. Robust security measures are in place to prevent personal information from being lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Access to personal information is strictly those who have a genuine business need to know it and the individuals processing information do so bound by confidentiality and only in the ways they are authorised to.

We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify the relevant regulator (typically the Information Commissioner’s Office), our client and the data subject of a suspected data breach within 24 hours of it becoming known to us.|

One of our business principles is ‘we are data driven’. Raising the standard of awareness surrounding data analysis, management and protection is therefore critical if our business is to succeed. To this end all of our team, whether employed at management level or on-site, undertake learning and development modules focusing on managing resident data and data security.

We have comprehensive Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans in place to protect the data we hold.

How long do you retain resident data?

No longer than is necessary, although we may keep it for 12 years to satisfy UK tax law.

Who is your Data Protection Officer?

Our Data Protection Officer is an Executive Director of VervLife.

They can be contacted at / tel:+44203 997 9918

How do residents escalate issues?

If residents have any questions around how we process data or should they wish to escalate a suspected data breach / incident, they can contact us at or write to our Data Protection Officer:

F.A.O Data Protection Officer
Hornbeam House
The Innovation Centre
Hornbeam Park

Residents have the right to complain a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, usually live or where any suspected infringement of data protection laws happened.

In the UK the relevant supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be reached at:
Telephone: +44 (0)30 3123 1113